Monday, August 3

I'm Doing It Again!

I can't believe I'm doing it again...I said I wasn't going to do
it again until I got caught up on all my "unfinished" projects!
But, for some reason I can't seem to stop myself from
starting all kinds of new projects before others are finished.

Yep, I've done it! Signed up for another "block of the month"
quilt class at Ben Franklin's. Just have to keep filling up
all those file drawers I brought home when Mother passed
away with unfinished projects so that like my sister and I, my
kids will have "fun" sorting through things and trying to
decide what to do with all my "treasures" when I'm no longer
around.

Not only did I sign up for a class, but I talked Laurel into
making a fall lap quilt with me--Log Cabin blocks with pieced
autumn leaves as the center of the block. Actually, fell in love
with it when my new quilt magazine arrived this past week.
Believe it or not I have 18 pieced leaves done, only 36 more
to go! Maybe just maybe I'll get it done. Think that once
the leaves are done the strips for the Log Cabin will go quickly.
I love the fall colors and hopefully will be able to use up
some of my fall stash of fabrics. I bought some fabric, but
as this is a "scrappy" quilt, I should be able to insert some
of my fabrics. Will I ever make a dent in all my left-over
fabrics????

So as if that is not enough, I'm working on some gifts that
need to be done this month. Am I stressing out yet? No!
Well, maybe just a little! Think I actually do better under
pressure.

But, fall must be coming because I always seem to want
to start new projects as summer begins to wind down.
So wish me luck with everything! Pictures will be posted!

1 comment:

meg said...

Hi - how exciting! The quilt sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures. I am a classic project starter, and still working on being a finisher. Like you, I actually do better under a little pressure. I came up with a little saying that I put on my mirror in college about that. It went something like "I work well under pressure. I'm going to be a diamond someday." It helped me remember that stress was okay. Anyway - good luck on your adventures!