Saturday, May 2

THE THIEF

THE THIEF

The intruder slowly enters
Invited by non other than me.
Yes, I have welcomed it
Even sought out this
Rascally thief.

Day or night,
It doesn't care
As into my home it comes.
Truly, a home invasion.

How do I stop this thief?
Can I halt it?
Do I even want to
Thwart this sneaky thief?

I tell myself each time I face it
No longer will it steal
Away my precious time.

But, alas, it always does.
Can I fight it?
Can I stop it?
Yes, I can!

All that must be done
This thief to stop
Is just a little click of the mouse
And it is stopped, jailed and
Locked away.

At least until the jury (me)
Decides the thief
Its time has served.
Then this loveable, addict able thief
Is once again released
My time to steal away another day.

Can I really lock away these thieves:
E-mail, blogs, games, facebook, 
Reading, writing and oh, so much more?

A lock down there must be
For time is such a priceless treasure
One so easily stolen
As at the computer I sit.

My computer
Thief or Companion...
You be the judge!


1 comment:

Rob and Kerri said...

Impressive. Loved the ending best.