been diagnosed with breast cancer. She just lost her husband
this past winter to cancer. My heart goes out to her and the
long road ahead of her.
I stopped by her house on the way home from church.
She just came home from the hospital a day or so ago after
having a mastectomy and is doing well. She will be
meeting with her doctors the end of the week for diagnosis
and treatments procedures.
It always brings back so many memories and a desire
to be of service to those who are just beginning treatment.
A reminder also of the gratitude I have for a loving
Heavenly Father who blessed and strengthened me and
was always there in those dark and lonely moments.
Gratitude for a loving family, especially Kerri, who
sacrificed so much to care for me and run me to all my
appointments. Gratitude for friends who stuck with me
and helped me laugh. Gratitude for the Priesthood and
worthy priesthood holders who gave me blessings.
Some things I learned while going through cancer:
I have learned that every day certainly is a gift.
I have learned not to sweat the small stuff. (I really
am trying!)
I have learned that housework will always be here, but
friends and family may not.
I have learned that there is power in prayer.
I have learned that having a bad hair day can be a
blessing.

No comments:
Post a Comment