Monday, April 13

Planting Seeds



Planting Seeds!  Planting seeds is more than just planting 
vegetable seeds.  Hopefully, I'm planting seeds of love and
memories as Ian, Kohler and I dig in the dirt.  Memories
that I hope they will each remember when I am no longer
here.

While cleaning out the flower beds I realized that I had a
space normally reserved for spring pansies and that I had
not planted any last fall.  Contemplating what to do with
that area, the thought came to me "Plant Seeds"... peas 
like I used to do.  How Ian and Hailey loved picking
fresh peas and eating them when they were smaller.
Why not?  So, off to the nursery Kerri, the boys and I
went searching for a small packet of peas.

I don't know who was more excited--them or me!  We
dug a narrow trench and dropped in the peas.  Although
Kohler thought it might be more fun to sample a few of
them.  We planted them quite thick, covered them with
soil and now will wait, somewhat impatiently, for that
first little sprout to poke its head up. 
 
  
Planting Seeds....Seeds of Curiosity.  Digging in the dirt
can be quite the adventure.  Oh, the things one can find.
Small worms are quite fascinating to watch as they
wiggle about in Kohler's little green shovel.

Seeds of Kindness...A ladybug crawls around on Ian's hand 
tickling him as he gently carries it over to a greening
plant.  How in awe we are of God's wonderful creations!  
 
Planting Seeds of Togetherness...Grandma got a little carried away
at the nursery and decided we needed to try our hand at planting
potatoes.  Something that required all of our efforts to dig and
turn over the soil, quarter the seed potatoes and plant them in
small mounds.  

Planting Seeds of Helpfulness...Kohler just had to try his hand at
raking up those remaining leaves of fall that were buried by
winter snows.  How he loves to help!
Planting Seeds of Knowledge...Ian receives instructions on how to
plant seed potatoes and offers his young wisdom as he places the
quartered potatoes in their individual holes.
Planting Seeds of Love...love between brothers who share a
moment together on the glider.  Seeds that will grow and
blossom as only brotherly seeds can do.  

Planting Seeds --  memories Grandma will treasure!



1 comment:

Rob and Kerri said...

What an awesome day! I'll never forget Kohl climbing up onto the glider without our notice...good thing you were there.