Normally we hold FHE as a family on Thursday Evening, but
this week we cancelled as Kerri's boys had a viral infection plus the
dreaded and contagious "Pink Eye". I just figured we were each
on our own for dinner (normally we do dinner together and a
lesson) and was trying to decide what to fix myself when Brian
called and invited me to come down and have dinner with him
and Hailey. An invitation I couldn't resist especially when he said
he was going to barbecue some steaks he'd picked up on sale.
It is always so nice to be invited to dinner!
I arrived at the appointed time to be greeted by my
precious little Hailey. "Look, Grandma, I lost my tooth!"
"That is so cool, Hailey! When did this happen?"
How excited she was! She had been anticipating the loss of
this tooth for a couple of weeks, wiggling it, pushing on it, and
doing everything possible to make it come out! And, finally,
it had come out Monday as she was munching on a peanut butter
cup that had been in the freezer.
Of course, pictures are a must on this momentous occasion.
Now recorded forever, this empty gaping space!! The excitement
of losing her first tooth did not diminish the anticipation of the
next wiggly baby tooth that will shortly be creating a new space
for her second permanent tooth!
Daddy's little girl is growing up! So, enjoy all these wonderful firsts!
The years pass so very quickly!
Congratulations on this very auspicious occasion, Hailey!
I look forward to sharing in your next loss!

No comments:
Post a Comment