I LOVE Spring.
I love seeing new life poking out from the fading winter
snow---bright, colorful crocuses opening up to the
warming sunshine spreading joy and happiness to all
about them.
Pansies lifting their little faces to the bright blue sky and
yellow daffodils dancing in the light breeze. Emerging
from the long winter's sleep are hyacinths and tulips.
As I work in my yard removing the dead leaves of
winter it is so exciting to see this new life. The
colors of spring lift me and bring such joy to my life.
And, oh, to sit and bask in the warmth of the sun
after the cold and dreary days of winter.
Sitting in my chair at the edge of the garden, I close
my eyes and listen to the many sounds of spring.
There are so many birds, each song different, but
yet the same, heralding spring. Little bees are busy
pollinating the blossoming plants paying little attention
to me as I gently rake around the plants.
As the day wears on, the sound of children's voices
greet my ears. Yeah, it is my grandchildren come to
visit and play in the yard as their mother helps me
in the garden. How excited they are to be out and
about after being enclosed these past long winter
months.
Pruning shrubs, I notice buds beginning to form and
I can hardly wait until my cherry bushes and forsythia
are in bloom. Perhaps this year, the freeze will not
smite the little cherries and we'll be able to pick a
few to snack on.
Even the sun seems brighter in the spring and I know
I feel a little "brighter" and "happier" as the days
get longer and the winter blahs begin to be only a
memory.
Happy Spring!

No comments:
Post a Comment