I can't believe how long it has been since I worked on my blog. Three
months! I have seriously been wondering if I should continue since
nothing too exciting happens in my life. As I mentioned this to Kerri
she said I could always brag about my grandchildren which is
something I LOVE to do. So, as I continue to do this be prepared
for a little bragging!
First, I must bring everyone up to date on Myq. He has received a
full scholarship to Victoria University in New Zealand to work on
his doctorate. We are all so happy for him and proud of the hard
work he is doing. He is still in Japan teaching and will be until April,
I think. All I know is that he told me I only had four months left if I
wanted to come to Japan. He went to Taiwan over Christmas and
was going to run a half marathon. I haven't checked with him to
see how he did or even if he got to run as he got sick a few days
before the event.
Christmas came and went so quickly. It was a wonderful time for
me with the family, sharing Christmas morning with the Stuart's
and in the early afternoon with Brian and Hailey. About 5:00 both
families came here for dinner and to exchange family gifts. How I
love watching the excitement of the grandchildren and wish I could
bottle some of their boundless energy and zest for life.
Saturday, Carol, Sig, Heidi, Marianne and friends came for our
family get-together. We did a brunch and spent the time visiting
and enjoying one another, exchanging gifts and just relaxing. It
was a fun day and thankfully as the day wore on the roads from
our earlier snowfall improved. I received a wonderful gift from
my sister--a five generation framed and matted picture beginning
with me. My mother, grandmother and myself are all about 18-19
years old. The two last grandmothers are older and about the same
age. It is an awesome gift and reminds me to be valiant in all I do
because of the rich heritage they have bestowed upon me.
I'll try and take picture of it and post it later if it turns out as well
as more family pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment