missed sharing sunsets with my mother. How much fun we used to have
calling each other and saying "quick, look out your window!" Then we'd
"ooh" and "aah" until the awe inspiring colors would begin to fade. What
fun we had! Very often after viewing an especially inspiring sunset one of
I went on to mention how I missed having someone to share those times
us would call the other back a little later to share a poem we'd written
that was inspired by the beauty we had just beheld.
with. Well, about 5:00 p.m. the evening of December 23, my dear
friend called and as I said "hello", her first words were, "look out your
window." I ran to the bedroom and saw this gorgeous sunset set against
the new fallen snow. By the time I grabbed my camera much of the
glow of the sunset was beginning to fade, but still beautiful to me. I was
able to take the above picture from my bedroom window. What fun it was to
share this inspiring site and how touched I was that she remembered our
conversation and took the time to call me as I would have missed it all
together.
Then, this past Thursday evening as the family was arriving for
FHE we were greeted by this magnificent view. It was totally
awesome. The picture does not do it justice. The evening sky was
ablaze with color and it almost seemed as if the sky was on fire.
How blessed we were to enjoy this magnificent setting of the sun.
Utah's winter sunsets rival any sunset seen around the world.
Truly one of God's Masterpieces!

No comments:
Post a Comment