It has been a long time since I have sat at my sewing machine to
sew anything but quilts and craft projects---perhaps 15 years or
more. But, I recently purchased a quilting magazine at work and in
it were the instructions for these darling "flirty" skirts that are
becoming so popular. As soon as I saw them, I knew Hailey had to
have one. Once Kerri saw them she decided she would also like to
make some for her friends daughters. These skirts are so simple
and easy to do and can be finished in just a few hours.
We spent a day shopping for fabric then preshrunk it, pressed
and cut out the strips then went to work sewing these bouncy little
skirts. With each section completed my excitement increased.
They absolutely delighted me and I could just picture these sweet
little girls twirling and flitting around in them.
Of course, the skirts were not complete until they were modeled
to make sure they would fit. It wasn't hard to find the perfect
models---just took a little persuasion and the promise that our models
wouldn't have to wear them again.
Here we have Ian modeling modeling pink "flirty" skirt
Family Home Evening Thursday night gave me a chance to present
Hailey with her new skirt, shirt and leggins. Doesn't she look darling!
And it fits!! Yeah!!
she chose to wear it to Kindergarten on Friday. I had such fun making
these that I think I'll make her another one for Easter.

No comments:
Post a Comment