inviting everyone to come up to the breakfast held at the
DATC above us. However, this year I didn't make it. Had
to work but Kerri and boys, Brian and Hailey went. Rob
helps cook every year and joins us when we arrive to eat.
By going into work early I was able to finish up and join everyone
about 10:00, an hour before the parade. We were able to
secure our traditional place just down the hill to watch the
parade. Brian and Rob take the kids down to the street
while Kerri and I stay with Ty in the shade.
Love the patriotism that is shown with all the flags, veterans from
war, people standing with their hands over their hearts, bands playing
patriotic music and just the overall happy feeling. However,
the loud noise and the shrill sirens from the fire trucks was
not much fun for Ty.
I can't believe all the candy and loot the children get.
Their plastic bags fill up quickly!
They are so good to share it with us!
The parade lasted almost 2 hours. Think that is the
longest one we've had. Thank goodness the
temperatures were a little cooler. In fact, at times we
almost needed a jacket when the breeze came up.
After the main parade is finished there is the water parade
on main street where everyone gets soaked to the skin!
Anyone can participate with any type of water
apparatus. I'm sure it won't be many more years and we'll all be
involved in that!
After a afternoon break we all headed over to Kerri and Rob's
for dinner and to watch the firework display from their backyard.
Brian bought some fireworks for the kids to set off before
Kaysville's display began and they had a ball!
I think this was Kohler's first time doing sparkler's.
He wasn't too sure at first but didn't take long before he was
waving them around.
With Rob's arms wrapped snuggly around Ty, he slept through
most it. But just wait until next year! He'll be right there
with the kids!
We surely had a wonderful 4th and it was fun good to
be together with family and friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment