I can't believe a week has passed since my birthday! How
time does fly. I am so thankful for life and to be able to
celebrate another year. Really looking forward to this coming
year and what it will bring.
Everyone made my birthday absolutely wonderful! I feel
so spoiled and loved. Thursday, the 8th, we all met at
Kerri's for birthday dinner and presents. Hailey would not
be with us on the weekend and it isn't important to me what
day we celebrate. It's being all together that counts!
When we arrived Kerri had us each make our own birthday hat
which the kids loved!
It just isn't a party without a party hat!
We enjoyed a delicious dinner of barbecued pork sandwiches,
relishes, chips, and drinks. And then it was on to the
grandchildren's favorite part of the dinner!
I don't know who has more fun blowing out the candles...
the kids or me! Love it when they want to help blow out
the candles!
About three years ago I started a little tradition...giving the
grandchildren a little gift from me on my birthday. Then
deciding that could get to be quite expensive, I changed to
giving them a "birthday party bag" to have at the end of
our party. I fill it with all kinds of fun little toys and candy
from the dollar store. They love it! And it makes me happy!
Saturday, my official birthday, we got up early and went to
Farmington Days parade. It was so much fun! It's not
everyone that gets to have a parade on their birthday!
Then in the late afternoon, Rob kept the boys while Kerri
and I went shopping and out to dinner. Thanks so much
Rob for such a lovely gift...time with my daughter!
Received so many lovely phone calls and cards from friends
and loved ones! Had a wonderful visit via skype with Myq
and Joanne (she's now in NZ).
Thanks everyone for making my birthday such a
wonderful celebration!

1 comment:
Everyone is so cute with a party hat on. :D fun!! Happy birthday, mom!!
Post a Comment