Sunday, January 17

Yeah, Sunshine!

The power of sunshine is amazing.  It certainly lifts my
spirits and chases away my troubles---at least to a certain
extent.  Just being able to go for a walk after church and
feel the warmth of the sun on my face was wonderful!
This fog and inversion has been so bad and has kept
me indoors and I've missed my daily walks.  Just haven't
wanted to breathe the dirty air and cold.  Of course, I've
been doing a lot of fun projects
(http://just4rambling.blogspot.com) which has
really helped.   But even now just looking out my family
room windows and seeing sunshine makes me smile.

And this weekend we really need something to make us
smile with Barnes Bank failing.  Never did I think this
day would come.  We have banked there ever since we
first moved here and have always had the upmost
confidence in them until recently.  Just kept hoping that
they would find a way to keep going and that the rumors
and reports were not what they seemed to portray.

But, Friday night I returned home from FHE at Brian's
to find a message from my friends saying the doors to
the bank had closed at 5:00 p.m. and to go up there
and get a hard copy of what we needed to do from the
men from FDIC.  The parking lot was full and everyone
seemed uncertain of what to do.

Now the fun begins as we have to set up new accounts
elsewhere, contact direct depositors, on-line bill paying
accounts, etc.  It's not going to be fun!  But, we will
get through it.  Today I am trying not to think about it
as there's not much that can be done until Tuesday.

So, I will enjoy the sunshine and the lift it gives me--a
much needed lift I must admit.  Sunshine truly is good
for the soul and I'm grateful for this small blessing
today!

No comments: