Sunday, October 4

FAMILY

Every week when I get to spend time with my family I feel so
blessed. Each visit always leaves me with special memories
to ponder on when I'm alone. And this week was no different.

I love visits from the grandchildren and am so thankful they
are close by. My Thursday's with Hailey are treasures even
if I do get very tired. But, that's just part of getting old!

When Kerri brought the boys over Kohler brought his little
car that he pushes, rides, and often treats as a scooter. In
fact Brian found Ian a scooter, but Kohler is the one who
seems to have adopted it and does very well on it. Even has
the scrapes and bruises to show for it!


Kohler taking a break from pushing and running behind


Using his little "car" as a scooter


Up and down the sidewalk he pushed!

Don't know who had more fun--Kohler or his mother and I
laughing at his antics or him trying to keep his pants up!


While out shopping earlier in the week I found some fun,
inexpensive fall and Halloween things for the kids to make and
color. So when Kerri and the boys came by for our "girls and boys"
night out while Rob was at Priesthood meeting, I got out the
crayons and these little posters to color. They could be used as
placemats or they could hang them on the wall.


So glad they still enjoy the simple things and get excited when
Grandma brings out a "surprise"


Artists busily engaged!


Ta-Da! The finished pictures!


Great Job guys!

Wednesday we were delighted to have Leonard's sisters
and husbands stop in for a visit. Genie and Clayton were
here from Iowa staying with Anna Beth and Wendell who
are down from Alaska. They were very excited to get to
visit with Leonard. Hard to believe that Clay is 91, Wendell,
90, Anna Beth 89 and Genie 78. They are also so "young"
looking and Anna Beth still does clogging with the senior
citizens. (Hope to post pictures when they send them)
Wish Kathleen had made it up from St. George, but she
didn't get into Orem until later in the day.

It's great to share in these special "family" moments and
to record them in our minds for future times. Family really
is what it's all about and I am blessed to have a great
family whether it be my immediate or extended family.

No comments: