Wednesday, July 16

A YEAR OLDER...

Another Year!
Another Birthday! 
has come and gone!  But, in its wake has left wonderful memories and 
a heart filled with gratitude.  Birthday's have become precious to me 
and I'm thrilled to have seen another year and look forward with much 
anticipation to the coming year! 

However turning "65" is not easy!  I guess I am now officially a "Senior
Citizen"!  Do I feel "65"?  Actually, I don't have a clue as to what "65" is 
supposed to feel like.  So, I'll just go forward ignoring the number of
years and enjoying the age I feel inside (whatever that is)

My birthday started out crazy!  As I unlocked and opened the door to
my office at work I was greeted with silly birthday signs
posted throughout the room. 


I just stood there laughing knowing that Mark had been awfully busy since
coming to work.  Mark is our early morning bagger and we have worked 
together for 10 years and always joke about our birthdays!  (I'm getting
younger while he's getting older!) 


Placed in the middle of my desk was a bakery box holding a 
decorated "Texas Donut" with "Happy Birthday, Nola" 
written on it.  I was able to share it with Mark and the rest 
of the early morning gang.  Who says the work place can't 
be fun!

The surprises continued as I left work and arrived at home.  
As I entered the house through the kitchen door I was greeted with 
brightly colored balloons, a decorated kitchen table and a 
"Happy Birthday" sign.  Kerri, Ian and Kohler had been very 
busy!   (No wonder they called to see when I'd be finished
with work)  But, what fun for me!

Later in the afternoon the family gathered here for dinner.  I love 
being together and catching the excitement and enthusiasm of 
Hailey and Ian.  This year I decided to do something a little
different for my birthday.  Since Hailey and Ian love to help 
open everyone's gifts, I chose to give them their own presents 
to open.  While out shopping I found some great sales and even 
got that "Senior Citizen" discount on top of the sale price.  Ian
was absolutely bursting at the seams to open his present.  I had 
so much fun watching them tear into their gifts that I may do it 
again next year.


Yeah!  A dinosaur shirt and it glows in the dark!


Awesome dress, Grandma!

Think Kohler liked the bag more than the clothes!

Of course, being "65" I needed help blowing out the candles on my cake.
Blowing out the candles and making a wish is almost more 
fun than eating the cake.  Well, perhaps I'll take that back just this 
one time.  The ice cream cake was Heavenly!
We'll huff and we'll puff!
...And blow out all those candles!

My birthday continued and is still continuing to be special with 
the phone call from Myq (Thanks for the gift of your time, Myq, 
helping with the computer) gifts (some, I'm told are in the 
making and will arrive late), cards, phone calls, lunches, etc. 
from family and friends.

And because everyone made it so much fun, I think I'll stick 
around for another one!  Thanks a bunch everyone!!









1 comment:

Priceless Heritage said...

Happy Birthday Nola! Looks like you all had a great time. How sweet to give the kids presents :)