Wednesday, July 9

Touched by Others

Tonight I attended a viewing for a former ward member who passed
away from cancer.  Going to these viewings is sometimes difficult for
me.  I guess it's because I know that it well could have been me
except for the blessing of my Heavenly Father.  These times are
very emotional for me and always shake me up.

After Faye and I took a little ride and decided to take a chance and
see if we could visit a dear friend of ours who has some serious 
health issues.  We served with Joanne in the Stake Relief Society
Presidency about 23 years ago.    We had heard she was not doing
well and was not sure we would even be able to see her.  She has
Parkinson's disease which is caused or affected by Lyme disease.
The drs. have no idea how long she has carried the disease or
when she was bitten.  She can can no longer get around because 
the bacteria from the tick is slowly eating her.  She does not have 
balance and has to have help getting up and getting stablized with
her walker.  When she goes out she is in a wheelchair.  The lyme 
disease causes severe pain (think about the worst charlie horse 
you've ever had and then double or triple the pain).

Keith met us at the door and we were able to have a wonderful
visit, laugh, cry and literally be touched and lifted by Joanne.
Don't know when we may see her again and as she said, she may
not remember us because this does move to the brain.  But, what
a wonderful experience we had and was so touched by her valiant
spirit.

Again I came away with deep feelings of gratitude for my life
and again the desire to do better, make better use of my time.
I am so blessed to be here and be in pretty good health, to be
able to do the things I enjoy.  

   

No comments: