And, believe it or not, it really isn't too bad! Of course, anything

would be better than the wrap as it was so confining. My arm
continues to respond well to the therapy and is looking more and more
normal. The left sleeve of my shirts is finally feeling loose
which it hasn't done for a long time. Don't think I
realized how far advanced my lymphedema had progressed. A big
thanks to Kerri for daily sharing her precious time and
wrapping my arm. Thank you, Kerri! However, I will miss
my morning visits with her and the boys.FHE for our combined families is Thursday evenings so Hailey can be with us.
We rotate lessons, dinner (thanks Brian for the tacos but watch out for that
HOT sauce!!) and treat. This past Thursday was my turn to give the lesson.
Since we had been teaching the children about the prophet, I decided to talk
about "following the prophet." We played a game where slips of paper were
drawn from a basket, printed with simple directions
to be followed such as hopping on one foot,
running around in a circle,
touching your nose 5 times, etc.
(just very simple things we could
do with the children).
We then talked about
our prophet and what
were some things we could do to follow
him and the other general authorities
who had just spoken at conference.
These little ones never cease to
amaze me with their answers as they
share. Our activity was to then color a
picture of the prophet to tape to the fridge
as a reminder of the things we could do to follow our prophet.
Returning home that evening I began pondering our lesson and
thinking about how I am doing in following the prophet. What
kind of example am I setting for my children, grandchildren, and
those I surround myself with. This lesson surely got me thinking.
I want to follow the prophet. I want to be on the Lord's side.
So, I've set a few goals to work on, things that perhaps I've let
slide in the past while. We'll see how I do!!

No comments:
Post a Comment