Friday, April 11

I've jumped on the Bandwagon

Can you believe it!!  I'm venturing into blogging!
It has been so fun reading others, that I thought I'd
try it as a way of staying in touch and letting everyone
know what is going on and what "fun things" me and
my family are up to.  Perhaps as I learn how to do this
I will be able to share some of my passions regarding quilting, reading, writing, gardening and hanging out with my three adorable grandchildren.  Oops, musn't forget sharing events and activities with the grown children also, those who take care of me!  
I also plan on using my blog to update you on my cancer and what is going on.  I have so appreciated everyone's prayers, thoughts and concerns in my behalf.  They have made a hugedifference in my recovery.

So here goes
....Drumroll, please!
Update:  I've been struck by the terrible lymphodema arm snatcher.  Yes, sorry to say, it's true.  I was told I would be high risk due to lymph node removal and radiation.  Was hoping that it wouldn't appear this quickly, but alas it has.  As you can see by the arm wrap I am in physical therapy but am pleased to report that I am having great success.  Through exercise, massage, and wrapping my arm 24/7 (with the exception of a shower) my arm is looking great and appears
almost normal.  We will take measurements again this week and hopefully I will be able to start wearing the arm sleeve and gauntlet. 

This will be short since it's my first attempt, so
here goes nothing.  Hope this works.

1 comment:

Rob and Kerri said...

We love you grandma and Ian especially loves knowing his picture is on your blog! Way to GO!