Sunday, April 28

The Journey Begins

As previously mentioned, I knew I had to drop those unwanted
pounds if I was going to stick around and be with my family
and enjoy life to the fullest.

Recently a good friend had lost her husband due to health
related problems caused by his obesity.  He weighed over
400 pounds.  Although I was no where near that weight, I
knew health issues could be looming in my future if I didn't
get serious and set some goals for a more healthy lifestyle.

A friend and I talked about working together and encouraging
each other.  We talked and talked and talked, but I don't
think either of us was ready to embark on this journey. 

I have found having someone to talk with, share ideas with
and encourage you is great.  But, if both of you don't have
the same mindset, it won't work.  Losing weight is an
individual thing.  YOU are the only one who can make it
work for you.

A few things that helped me make this decision was seeing
health problems in my sister and cousins, all of whom were
in their early 70's.  My sister suffered a heart attack a couple
of years ago and is still having problems.  Her life isn't what
it used to be.  Then I had a cousin who has had two strokes
and another cousin who recently had a heart attack.  My
mother also had heart problems.  So, I knew I was and am
probably a candidate for heart issues or having my cancer
return at some point.

But, I also knew that I would have a better chance of
dealing with these problems if I lost this extra weight.
This was a big factor in my determination to starting
my weight loss journey.

There would be no "diet" for me as such; but, I was going to
seek out a more healthy lifestyle---one I could live with
after reaching my desired weight.

I can't really explain how it happened, but I woke up
September 1, 2012, and knew this was the first day of my
journey to become the woman I knew I was on the inside.
I was off and running!  My mind was focused!  I was
determined!  I could do this!  I WILL DO THIS!

Goodbye sugar!  Hello to a more Healthy ME!

We're I'm in for the ride of our my life!

No comments: