"fallish." But, it will have to do for now or I'll never get these
pictures posted before it is time to post more from our
upcoming Halloween party at Kerri's and our "Trick or
Treat" pictures.
I was delighted to get 4 pumpkins from my little pumpkin
patch...one for each grandchild!
Decided for our FHE activity last Thursday, we would
let the children paint their pumpkins instead of carve them.
Think it was so much more fun for them. This way we
also got to sit back and enjoy them using their creativity.
Papers were spread out on the table and everyone got their
own paint "palate" and brush. But, first, aprons and old
shirts had to be donned so as not to get paint all over their
clothes.
Kohler was very specific about what colors he wanted to
paint with: red, yellow, green and orange. Then he
promptly mixed them all together creating his own "special"
paint.
He was very focused!
Ty and Kerri helped pass out the paints.
Hailey chose to paint a witch's face on her pumpkin.
Notice her hair: They had a special "hair" day at school
and could wear their hair however they chose. Her
mother braided her hair for her.
Such creative little artists! I just had to get my picture with
them so when they become famous I can say, "I remember
when...."
Kohler had fun painting his and Ty's pumpkins while
Uncle Brian helped with paints, keeping brushes clean
and offering advice.
Who's more scary? Ian or his "Frankenstein" Pumpkin?
Such a happy looking witch. Great job, Hailey!
After the pumpkins were painted Grandma had a special
"trick or treat" bag filled with goodies for the kids.
Hmm! Think they've had too much sugar? Nah! There
world is just a little upside down right now.
Such a fun evening we had. However, next year I may
have to do a Halloween Scavanger/Treasure hunt at
Hailey's request. They love our Easter one and wondered
if I could do one for Halloween. Guess I better get
started planning.

No comments:
Post a Comment