friend, Nancy Gail Sevey, one year ago and how I have missed
our daily emails and sharing of thoughts and feelings. Never
once did I imagine she would be the one to leave this life before
me. I was the one struggling with cancer and she seemed to be
in good health. No heart problems that she mentioned. But,
Friends from Evening Classes where we worked
Heavenly Father had different plans for us.
We had a long distance friendship (she lived in Arizona)
and often months would pass before we'd talk or write to one
another. But, when we did connect it was if it was just yesterday
we'd spent time together. Never was their a strain in our friendship.
I always knew I could count on her.
We were roommates at BYU and hit it off right from the very
beginning. I'm sure it was somewhat overwhelming to her when
she found out she was going to be living with five girls who had
been friends all their lives. However, there was never a
problem---we loved Nancy Gail from day one!
I have admired Nancy Gail for her dedication to Gordon, her
children and the students she taught. She was one of the most
dedicated teacher's I've ever known. Her love for teaching and
the children she taught could be seen in everything she did to
help her students learn and grow.
I'm so grateful we re-connected on an almost daily basis a
couple of years ago. I so looked forward to opening my email and
finding her latest epistle. I will always be grateful for the last
email we shared the day before she and Gordon left for Arizona
(they were now living in Florida) to be with her children because
it was just a couple of days later that Delanie (her daughter) called
to tell me her mother had passed away. I was overwhelmed with
shock and felt such a loss as I knew Gordon and the children were.
I couldn't believe she was gone!
But, how grateful I am to have called her "my friend" and
"sister". I am thankful for her example, her life and her dear,
dear friendship. I am a better person because of her. She was
and is my eternal friend.
I love you and miss you, Nancy Gail!
Friends from Evening Classes where we worked while at BYU---Myself, Napua Baker, and Nancy Gail

1 comment:
Nola- you were her very good friend too. She loved you very much. Thanks for sharing. We all miss her so much. She was a great mother and friend. That picture is so cute.
I was sorry to not have made it by on our trip to UT/ID. Hopefully next time.
Post a Comment