A few things that helped me as I started my journey (and
that I still do) were shared by a friend and then at a church
class I attended.
This has really helped, even if I don't do it on a regular
basis. But after eating I try to do 10 minutes of active
movement: walking around the house, the block, going
up and down the stairs, etc. Because I have a slow
metabolism, this helps get it going. I try to do this
within a half hour of eating.
Also in the evening when I've been sitting for a long time,
perhaps watching TV, I stand in place and march, lifting
my feet up and down, while the commercials are on. This
also gets the metabolism up and running.
If I want something that is high in carbs, or a sweet, etc.,
I try to have it in the morning before noon so that I can
burn it off during the day. And, I try to not eat after 6 p.m.
as I mentioned earlier.
Exercise is and has been important for me. Even at my
heaviest, I would walk each day. I knew it was good for
my bones and heart. It also made a difference in how I
felt. Just getting outside brightened my day and helped
me to walk off frustrations, plan my day or just think and
meditate. I also find it is a time I can listen to music and
talks I have downloaded. I try to get in an hour of walking,
gardening, etc. Sometimes I have to break it down into half
hour segments. Walking is something that I really enjoy and
have been delighted to see that I am walking further, about
3.25 miles now and that I have been able to shave
off minutes as my weight has dropped and that I no long huff
and puff like I used to. I'm even adding a little jogging to my
walking.
And, most importantly, I try to get in those 8 glasses of
water each day.
1 month ago

No comments:
Post a Comment