are moving into 2010. December has been a fun month
for our family beginning actually the end of November
as we attended Kaysville's Electric Light Parade, watched
the town squares lights come on and visit with Santa
Claus.

It was also a time for Grandma's Pre-Christmas gifts.
This is something I've carried on since my Mother's passing.
Mother, Carol and I always did a small gift exchange and
because it is so fun and seems to set the mood for
December, I have carried it on with my family and my
sister.
I love watching the grandkids and their excitement as they
open their gifts and we begin December's festitivities.
Christmas time is family time and this year was no exception.
We were delighted to be invited to a "Cousins" party hosted
by Chris and Scott. The food, company and white elephant
exchange was the best. We were a little concerned we might
not make it as a huge snowstorm came in, but by mid-
afternoon, it blew over, the roads were cleared and we were
on our way.
Making cookies has been a tradition for ever since my children
were small. Seems several batches were made through the
month as gifts for neighbors and friends. Cookies were also
made Christmas Eve to leave for Santa. Kerri invited me to come
one evening for dinner and to help the boys decorate their cookies.
The cookies were delicious. They did an awesome job!
Our family party with my sister and her family was held
in Lehi. The weather was perfect and the food was
scrumptious. We no longer exchange gifts with everyone...
just Carol, Sig and I. Both Carol and I must have been on
the same wave length because we gave each other a gift
focused on "Memories". Mine to her was a poem I had
written reflecting on "Memories" of her life and things
she had done that also made memories for each of us.
I asked everyone to write a short memory to be included.
Along with the poem I gave her a little angel sitting on
a spool of thread holding a quilt. She in turn gave me a
jar with slips of papers containing memories of us. I
will open one each day beginning tomorrow, January 1.
She also gave me a beautifully illustrated book of
Goldilocks and the Three Bears...a memory of when I
was brought home from the hospital and she told me the
story.
Christmas Eve afternoon everyone came to Grandma's
for our gift exchange, dinner and visiting. Brian cooked
a ham and Kerri and I furnished the rest. We didn't do
a real sit-down dinner for the kids. Just let them take a
plate into the family room while they watched "Up". The
adults did get to visit at the dinner table. It's hard to
get the kids to eat when they are so excited to open their
gifts.
Hailey got some glitter glue sticks, Now she can draw
and make "glitter" pictures.
Grandma made Kohler some fabric balls to throw around
as he likes to throw things. This way, hopefully, nothing
will get broken and no one will get hurt!
Among other things, Ian got the DVD "Up". Love that movie!
Christmas morning found me with Brian and Hailey seeing
what Santa had left. How fun it is to be with family and
see the excitement and sparkle in the grandchildren as they
open those special gifts found under the tree.
Christmas Day was not as exciting for Kerri and family as
Kohler ended up at the doctors with croup and Ian was
still struggling with stomach problems and fevers.
How glad I was we were able to be together Christmas
Eve afternoon and that in the evening I was able to make
Santa Cookies with Brian and Hailey.
I was also able to talk with Myq for a couple of hours later
that night. That was a great present! It was actually Christmas
day there and nice and warm.
How grateful I am to have shared this wonderful season with
loved ones and dear friends. And, most importantly to
be able to reflect upon the Savior, His birth and life and
the gift He has given each of us.
With the snowstom we had the other day, memories flooded
my mind of past storm when I was a little girl. Check it
out on my other blog:
http://just4rambling.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment