Birthday's for me are now a celebration of life!
This birthday was made special by so many
friends and family calling, stopping by the house,
emailing and leaving messages on Facebook.
It was a wonderful day!
Kerri and the boys stopped by in the early afternoon.
Ian, all on his own, prepared a gift bag of goodies for me
with a special card and picture he had drawn. On the
front of the card in big numerals was the number "66".
Think this was so I wouldn't forget how "young" I was.
He had several small wrapped packages containing various
colors and styles of stickie notes!
Kohler was such a big help handing me the "presents".
Thank you, Ian, for your thoughtfulness!
Dinner was at Kerri's and since we each get to
choose what we want for our birthday dinner and
dessert, I chose hamburgers!
I love homemade hamburgers!
Corn on the cob, fresh watermelon, and veggies
rounded out our dinner.
For dessert I chose Marie Callendar's Razelberry pie
with vanilla ice cream!
Yummy!
Brian and Hailey gave me a tree lopler which I had
been wanting but it soon became a vehicle for doing
the "limbo".
Brian taught Kohler how to lean backwards and slip
under the handle.
What a hoot! The kids kept us in stitches as they
slipped under the lowered handle.
Of course, these are my greatest gifts!
How I love these precious grandchildren!
Last year I started a tradition I hope to carry on...
giving the grandchildren a small gift to open.
This year I decided to give them "Birthday Favor Bags"
filled with whistles, bubbles, silly putty, balls, taffy,
pipes you blow through that push a ball up in the air.
They could hardly wait for dinner to be over
so they could open their "presents".
This has been so much fun for me to
see their excitement over these simple things.
I think these blow pipes were their favorites!
Even Kohler tried with his mouth full of
taffy!
Way to go, Hailey!
"Make a wish and blow out all the candles!"
With Hailey and Ian's help, we did just that!
How blessed I am to be surrounded by a loving family and good friends!
Thank you Brian and Kerri for making my day so special!
The only thing that would have made my day even better would have
been to have Myq and Rob with us.

No comments:
Post a Comment